I have been making these muffins since my 12 year old, Rush, was eating from a high chair 💖… and he still loves them!
• 4 browned bananas
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup cashew butter (I like 365 or Trader Joe’s brand)
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 2+ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 2 tsp cinnamon)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 – 3/4 cup chocolate chips, optional (I like Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a Vitamix or similar, add bananas, eggs, cashew butter, coconut oil and vanilla and blend.
3. Add in the coconut flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and blend.
4. Stir in chocolate chips (or wait and sprinkle on top after you pour batter into muffin pan)
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each about two-thirds full.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm or allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Note – You can add another teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon if you like a “spicier” muffin.
Also, these can be made nut-free by subbing SunButter for cashew butter.